Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Week 5 Tutorial Reflection

After being placed within the theme group of Biomimicry, the first tutorial reinforced my initial thoughts on the field's future potential and the high level of influence that it will have throughout my design process. It must act as inspiration and model from initial concept to final building design. Although it may be a complex process I have no doubt the suitability of applying the concept to our particular site or design and look forward to learning how nature can inspire architecture.

The tutorial focused on us identifying key concepts of our folie design. We were asked to provide 4-5 words which best explained our concept which I thought were:



  • Symbolism

  • Responsive

  • Gateway

  • Visible

  • Connection
A critique with Yvonne highlighted a need for further analysis of the symbolic representation. Rather than just the simple representation of elements via materials, I should look closer at the elements I am trying to represent. What is it about each element I am trying to represent?

No comments:

Post a Comment