Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Week 4 Folie Exhibition Reflection

The exhibition of the folie designs was interesting especially considering the fact that we had no tutorials before the project was due. This meant that I personally had little exposure to the design development and advancement of other students' designs. This meant that I had no idea what to expect at the exhibition but to be honest, I was pleased with my final product and it seemed to be comparable in detail and advancement of most other designs.

One aspect which I did discover about my presentation during the exhibition was that I may have placed too many images on the poster therefore making it too busy and laking a clear message. This came from a quick discussion with Florian Heise regarding my poster. He said something along the line of 'wow there is a lot on there'. The suggested that although there were many great drawings and quality of sketches etc that by putting too many images on the page they all compete for the viewers eye and one can get overwhelmed if there are too many things to look at. By creating a focus on the images which I want to be seen would help to explain m y concept better. I tried to achieve this by presenting the images which showed the intials HSW the biggest and clearest on the page but I certainly took his advice on board and agreed with his sentiment.

For the next presentation, I must work on my presentation and communicating my concept clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment