Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Week 3 Tutorial Reflection

This tutorial session was based on the concstruction of physical models to develop our concepts. Personally, I felt that this tutorial wasn't particularly useful as I had already passed this stage in my design. I realise that the session was to explore multiple concepts in 3D form which I did start to do with my other initial concepts however as they weren't developed to the same level, I decided to continue with the design that I had already developed and was happy with.

As this was our first and only tutorial beforethe folie design was due, I was initially hoping to recieve some feedback on my intial concept model to ensure it was suitable to fulfill design criteria. But due to the high student-tutor ratio it wasn't practical for one on one critiques. Yasu did briefly talk to me regarding my model and gave me some good feedback regarding the high tension high segment. He suggested to ensure it was a strong part of my concept ie opposing forces other wise it may detract from my design. Every component must contribute to the conceptual delivery.

Looking back on the previous sketch, I realised that one componenet wasn't contributing to the concept which was the vegetation covering one side of the H structure. This may not make the concept clear as the H shape may not be clearly distinguishable if the two sides are from different materials. Both sides will be made uniform in future design stages.

No comments:

Post a Comment